FREELANCE position working remotely from Turkey
About Global Listings
Global Listings is an established international TV media company specialising in the supply of comprehensive television programme information.
Read all about us here:
Photo Editor Job Overview
The role of the photo editor will be to browse through dozens of images (and sometimes also videos for screen grabs) to determine the most appropriate visuals to convey a story in the most visually arresting way for our broadcasters’ schedules, highlights, EPGs, VOD and SVOD services. Plus, where appropriate, to check for image rights and licences to avoid violations.
Photo Editor: Job Responsibilities and Duties
Creates a portfolio of visual assets
Manages image projects across all areas of our business and all client accounts
Manages each image as an asset to be stored accurately in our database
Procures and manipulates photos and images as needed (including from video)
Reviews the project pipeline and anticipates photo needs in order to meet deadlines
Ensures adherence to style guide and branding, per TV client account
Collaborates with the GL executive team, and its editorial teams to ensure alignment with client requirements
Photo Editor Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Photography or related field
Proficient in Photoshop and InDesign and / or QuarkXpress
Deep understanding of artwork techniques including adding logos and title artwork to images
Must be fluent in English
Working remotely on a freelance basis, you will need to have your own computer (ideally an Apple Mac) and be equipped with your own copy of PhotoShop in order to create and modify the images. You will additionally need to connect to the Global Listings systems via a secure VPN line to upload your images into our database. We will provide you with full training on our systems.
You will need a reliable and fast wi-fi connection at home and also a telephone number (your mobile would be fine).
Hours of work:
35 hours per week / freelance (Monday-Friday, 11am-7pm or 12pm-8pm, Turkey time with 1 hour for lunch each day)
part-time, 17.5 hours per week (mornings 12pm-3.30pm Turkey time or afternoons 4.30pm-8pm only)
350 Turkish Lira per day (pro rata)
(you will be responsible for paying your own taxes as this is a freelance position)
Length of Contract:
24 months in total – subject to a successful 6-month probationary period
Fixed term on a freelance payment basis, Monday to Friday
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Applications will only be considered if they include all of the following:
Application and below information must all be supplied in English.
1. A covering letter that tells us why we should schedule an interview with you (taking the above job spec into consideration)
2. A current CV
3. Indication of your availability (e.g. available to start work immediately or available to start work in two weeks’ time etc)
4. Please confirm that you have wi-fi, and provide your wi-fi speed at your house where you will be working from, and also please confirm that you have a mobile telephone
5. Please confirm if you have an Apple Mac computer at your home to use, and the model and year if so. Please also confirm if you have any of the design suites such as Photoshop/ InDesign or QuarkXpress
6. Please confirm that as a FREELANCER you accept responsibility to pay any taxes that you are obliged to pay in Turkey. This will be your responsibility as you will be working for Global Listings on freelance basis
7. Please provide details of any work experience or projects that you have undertaken as a picture editor
8. Please tell us where you saw this advert
To apply please submit the above eight items (and ensure that the email subject field CONTAINS THE NAME OF THE ROLE you’re applying for) to: